About Me

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
A woodworker whom saws to the plane of a different hammer.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Upcoming stuff

It's amazing how busy life can be at times. It's hard to keep up with all of the demands of building a business and managing a home. Part of my business includes refinishing hardwood floors and so I've been doing a lot of those lately. It's not glamorous work, but hey it pays some bills! But I haven't stopped working on things for the website - even if it's only stuff I have planned on paper or unedited video files that need to be edited into a final video for publishing. Here are a few things I have in the works.

For starters, I have a video I'm going to put together of a island counter top I made last summer. It's of solid zebra wood. Not only do I have video of the construction process, but I also have video of the subsequent repair process - due to a failure in installation on my part, the counter top split! Yikes! But I got through it and repaired the top. I never had anything like that happen before, and hopefully never will again. But I hope where I can't serve as a good example I can at least serve as a horrible warning and help prevent you from making a similar mistake.



I have some video of other woodworking related things as well, but I'm also venturing out into non-woodworking video content. Let's face it. If you want to watch a video on someone making a wooden toilet seat made of exotic woods with inlay, it's probably out there somewhere (actually, after thinking of that just now I decided to look that up on YouTube and came frighteningly close to finding just that - with that thought in minds I think I'll go ahead and make one, what the hell). So instead of boring you with only woodworking projects, I want to also provide videos packed with useful content for things to help you around the house and whatever else I can think of or come across. One such video I have in the works will show you how you can save a lot of money by making your own laundry detergent. And if you're like me and have more children than the national average you can save hundreds of dollars in a year by making your own laundry detergent.

Well, right now I have three little girls to get to bed. Now you can see why I haven't had a lot of new content in my website in a while.



New, helpful and entertaining content coming very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment