About Me

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
A woodworker whom saws to the plane of a different hammer.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Safety Week - Woodworking - Safety Glasses

Ever find yourself in the middle of a cut at the table saw, or other power tool, and realize that you forgot to put on your safety glasses?

I always don the safety glasses when I enter the workshop and leave them on till I'm finished. However, every once in a while I'll take them off to get a closer look at something - but never while operating a power tool. On very rare occasions I caught myself  firing up a power tool without putting the safety glasses back on first, but no more. After the last time I did that I got out a sharpie marker and wrote "Safety Glasses" in several prominent places around my table saw and other power tools such as the base of my router, on the band saw, the miter saw, the circular saw etc. Not only is it a nice reminder to make sure I have those safety glasses on, but just seeing the word "Safety" is a nice reminder to be attentive to the task at hand - lest, may God forbid, I lose that hand!





No comments:

Post a Comment