About Me

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
A woodworker whom saws to the plane of a different hammer.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

That's Hard Stuff!

Solvent 17 is not exactly exotic, but is a great stripper nonetheless. But there's still something on these spindles that it just wouldn't dissolve. Whatever those spots are made of it's hard stuff that I had to scrape and chip off with my scrappers. Then follow up with more scrubbing with the wire brush. I wouldn't be as worried about the appearance if it was not visible, but this is on a stair case and so it's visible as one looks up into the staircase.




Ray Ladouceur
www.dogwoodtales.com

4 comments:

  1. I think that using old wood to do projects really give the finished project character. Have you ever tried this, I found a good site that is an example of this: Antique Oak Flooring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have and when making floor repairs using old flooring is my preferred method as it blends in better than installing new wood for a repair into an old floor. But I have old wood available to me locally. Thanks for the info nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are You Looking For Woodworking Plans I Will Show You Where To Get 16,000 Woodworking Plans

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete